Thursday, February 16, 2012

the small stuff

We didn't sweat it.

Here are a couple of the mini-projects that had to be done to accommodate our new layout.
Consultation from Pops - talking plumbing and HVAC.
Blue tape on the ground is where the island will go.

There are 2 vents in the room - one in the middle of the former kitchen by the fridge, which stays.  This one will be right in the middle of the island of the new kitchen. So we're moving it over so it'll be more functional and more evenly spaced in the room.
Goof.
The vent in the foreground will be covered; the one in the background is the new one Chris and Roscoe put in, complete with a new box, flexible duct, etc.
The new cabinets will go almost to the door, just to the right of the light switch.  So we have to move the thermostat into the hall.
Thermostat's future home.  Using rope with wiring attached to it.  Feeding it to the alarm panel opening to get it there. 
Our thermostat's new home.  We call this the command center. (Oh and next to it is the Serenity Prayer that Amy's grandma cross-stitched for me... so sweet.)





4 comments:

  1. Daaaang, my second shoutout on the Baer blog, now I really feel famous! I continue to be amazed by all of this! What will be the first meal you cook in your dream kitchen....

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazing! I love keeping up with it - I'm sure that Serenity Prayer comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I am majorly impressed. I will cook you a meal in your new kitchen. Save some work for me!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's that hissing noise? Water? Nope. Natural gas? Nope. Venomous cobra snakes? Nah. Hmmm ... all tingly on the nose.

    Bummer ... Freon! Good thing this project's not in August.

    ;)
    Papa

    ReplyDelete