Saturday, February 25, 2012

the westside is popcorn-free

Hooray... half of our house is officially POPCORN FREE!

Chris was at the deer lease (we need more meat or we won't have anything to cook in our new kitchen!) and I surprised him by scraping the ceiling in the laundry room.  Yes... we are so romantic.  This is the first time I've done one room all at once.  It's a small room, but still. It felt good to knock it out in one fell swoop. So now the entry, living, kitchen/dining, and laundry are popcorn free.  The 3 bedrooms and hallway have yet to meet their popcorn-maker!  (I crack myself up...)
It's unbelievable how much popcorn can come from one tiny 6 x 10 room.
Seriously... ridiculous.
I know it's old school, but I actually really love this fixture.  I'm trying to decide what color to re-finish the base in?  Suggestions?  My stand-by is "oil rubbed bronze" but I'm thinking that may be too dark for this milk glass-looking fixture.  Polished nickel maybe?
Look at that beautiful naked ceiling! (Oh and to the left you'll see the beginning of my other little surprise project I started... extending the shelves above the cabinets and installing a dowel to hang clothes to dry.)


1 comment: